Last Monday we went over how social media consumes us and even cater to our personal preferences. I did not like how they may have the ability to our personal information among other things. This week we are talking about PHP/SQL and databases.
Here are some things I have learned through research: (all information from the link in blue below on each tab)
- PHP is an acronym for “PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor”
- PHP is a widely-used, open source scripting language.
- SQL stands for Structured Query Language
- SQL lets you access and manipulate database
- SQL is an ANSI (American National Standards Institute) standard
- In PHP, all keywords (e.g. if, else, while, echo, etc.), classes, functions, and user-defined functions are NOT case-sensitive.
- I looked up a few possible names for my website :
- mmyrick.com: It is already registered. Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 146
- mcm.com: it was also registered to Registrar: MARKMONITOR INC.
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 292
- My last pick was maciemprofile: It was not registered and available to buy.
I discovered that the best thing to do is not to pick a general name or phrase.
The amount Whois.net told me my domain name was worth is $12.99. In the future I would personally pay this amount for my own domain name.
If you want to find other cheap names go to http://www.namecheap.com for other options. I will buy a domain name for myself because it is not an outrageous amount of money and will be beneficial for me in the future. I do not believe that I would pay for hosting or use of free service.
I have plenty of place and time to take care of the things I need to on my website, and other areas on the Internet without paying more money. I really enjoyed learning about databases and ways to create or change your own.